Friends & Neighbors,
We hope you’re having a wonderful summer. Friends of Emerson are at work on new developments with a BIG announcement to come in August or September. Our Capital Campaign Task Force is recruiting new leadership and adjusting our timeline and project approach. In the meantime, we wanted to share an update on our progress.
Since April, an additional $45,000 has been pledged and awarded to the Emerson Park Revitalization Project. From regional grants, area nonprofits, corporate gifts, to local families and individuals, we’ve raised over $100,000 for Phase One of our park improvements.
With over $10,000 in pending grants, we are now within striking distance of $138,000. That total would allow us to receive a pledged grant from Delta Dental, as well as begin our application for the Wisconsin DNR Land Stewardship Grant.
We are currently seeking Leadership Gifts ($50,000-150,000) from local corporations that support community giving, as well as from family foundations and major philanthropists. If you have suggestions on donors to approach please contact us.
- $2,000 from the Wisconsin Public Service Foundation
- $1,000 from St Paul Lutheran School
- $25,000 from a private entity wishing to remain anonymous
- $15,000 (2022-2024) from the Community Parks Improvement Committee
- $2,000 from Elks Lodge #641 of Stevens Point
- Monogram Loves Kids Foundation ($10,000)
- Announced August 20, 2021
- Kiwanis Club of Stevens Point ($1500)
- Community Grant announced September 30, 2021
- Kiwanis Legacy of Play (National) Contest
- Marshfield Clinic & Security Health Grant
- Sonnentag Foundation Grant
- City of Stevens Point Room Tax Application
- Walter Alexander Foundation Grant
- Walmart Local Opportunity Grant
- Wisconsin DNR Land Stewardship Grant
Memorial Trees and Benches can be purchased from the City of Stevens Point Parks Department, planted and placed in Emerson Park, with proceeds benefiting the Emerson Park project. For details, see the following brochure or the web link above.
Thank you to our Newest Donors
Since December of 2020, we’ve raised $5,000 from over 50 individuals and families. With your support this historic site will become a community gem for generations to come.
Donate through the Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin
Parks and Green Space are a refuge and lifeline.
In giving everyone equitable access to the outdoors.
Parks are Common Ground: They unite us and keep us connected.